Wojas SA is a family business, which celebrates its 30th anniversary this year. Nowadays, it is one of the largest footwear manufacturers in Poland. It owns a chain of 180 outlets in four countries, but also reinforces the market position of its European online stores.
With as many as 55% consumers buying footwear online at least once a year, the category ranks second in Poland in terms of popularity, just behind clothing [Gemius 2019]. The online channel is becoming the area of fierce competitive struggle for the industry brands.
How to stand out and be at the forefront of footwear searches in Google? Insightland Team has been supporting Wojas SA in enhancing its position in e-commerce since April 2019.
Challenges we faced in this project
- 01. Increase the number of purchases in the online channel.
- 02. Increase conversion rates from organic traffic.
- 03. Website optimisation and visibility increase in search results for the keywords with the highest potential.
- Audit and findings analysis
The phase lasted about 3 weeks and allowed to determine the website’s standing and potential to take top positions in search results. The structure of the wojas.pl website was analysed, as well as were the sources of traffic and keywords that generate it.
- Content and technical optimisation of the website
The tasks included preparation of a new content structure packed with appropriately selected key phrases, as well as revealing and removing problematic technical areas in the SEO context within the Wojas.pl website.
- Link building campaign
In the following months, the team consistently worked on building a diverse and valuable link profile for the domain by acquiring positioning links from various sources.
Results of Insightland activities
With the long-term cooperative efforts and a focus on quality results, the team has achieved the desired strategic objectives for the wojas.pl store. This is reflected in an increase in the purchases number as well as the number of sessions concluded with a transaction (both indicators refer to organic traffic).
- Increase the number of purchases in the online channel:
67% (Q2 2019 vs. Q2 2020)
- Increase in conversion rates:
48% (Q2 2019 vs. Q2 2020). Conversion is defined here as the percentage of sessions on the website where the transaction took place.
- Increase in visibility in search results for the keywords with the highest potential:
Following the implementation of optimisation measures and an adequate strategy for building the link profile for the domain, as of 1st September, the website has ranked with 34,327 key phrases, including:
- TOP 3 – 3,985 (increase by 23%)
- TOP 10 – 2,885 (increase by 40%)
- TOP 11 – 100 27,357 (increase by 25%)
As a result of SEO activities and their effectiveness’ in-depth analysis, marketing budgets have gradually started to migrate from paid channels to organic traffic.
We focus on the online channel development, which already accounts for more than 30% of our retail sales. We needed a SEO agency that would understand our needs and the peculiarities of the very competitive market in which we operate. The first technical audit findings already provided us with many valuable guidelines. The next months convinced us that we had chosen the right partner. The e-commerce key indicators, i.e. conversion rates and transaction numbers, recorded significant increases. Our standing in the Polish e-market is getting stronger, so we have decided to extend our cooperation with Insightland by two new markets: Czech and Slovak.
E-commerce Manager in WOJAS S.A.
- How to Outline a Successful SEO Strategy
- Update on Summer 2020 Seasonality Trends
- Update on Statistics in October 2019 and Winter Seasonality Trends
- What Should You Know to Choose The Best SEO Services?
- Update on Statistics from December 2019 and 2020 Seasonality Trends