Update on Statistics and August Seasonality Trends. How to Make the Most of the Fall Season for Your Business?
Let’s take a look at another part of our statistics update and August seasonality trends! Apart from the stats, we would like to share our insights and several valuable tips. As you know SEO effects are never stable, because there are various factors that can influence them. Therefore, we need to work constantly to achieve better and better results. Let’s take a look then at what you can do to optimize your website and rank higher!
Below you will find our August statistics and seasonality trends which, in my opinion, may prove helpful!
August 2019 Statistics Update
Traffic And Users
Looking at organic statistics August seems to get lower traffic in ecommerce than July. We observed a similar trend in previous years and we may assume that this is a seasonal specificity. In August our clients’ websites were visited by 460,711 organic users which provided 910,593 visits.
In August the average bounce rate for all our clients is 25.37%, which is around 2% better than in July. The lowest bounce rate was 0.90% for one website with seasonal content related to the home&living and gardening category.
Avg. Session Duration
In August the users visiting our clients’ websites spent 8:41 minutes on average there. This gives around 5 minutes more than in July! The record-holder was a big and popular ecommerce which offers seasonal sales.
Pages per Session
The average number of pages visited during one session was 5.67, which is almost the same as in July. What’s worth mentioning, we can observe that all ecommerce sites that we work with have similar pages per session and this number oscillates from 7.00 to 9.00.
August Seasonality Trends
August was dominated by back to school season in the ecommerce category and was not a very good month for websites that offer vacation trips and other summer activities.
September will be favorable in terms of online traffic for websites that cover health topics like tips and advice for people with colds or flu due to seasonal infections. In most countries, the weather is slowly changing, therefore fashion websites and online clothing stores should feel increased traffic and sales. Along with the change of season, we are also changing our diet, which is evident from Google user queries. Instead of cold desserts, we’ve started searching for warming soup recipes.
Pro Tips for the Beginning of the Fall Season
- Review seasonal keywords – check your website optimization according to seasonal keywords. Adapt your content to those key phrases which have an increasing monthly search volume. For example, if you have a clothing store, be sure that the main page and category pages are properly optimized, for example, “fall shoes”, “fall jackets”.
- Create seasonal content – it doesn’t matter what kind of online business you have. We are able to find interesting topics for most industries in this scope. Just perform in-depth research and find out what your potential clients could be looking for in the fall.
September is the last moment in which you can prepare your website for upcoming trends. From now, users will search more intensely for products that could increase their (and their puppies’) thermal comfort. If you own an online store with heaters, be ready for higher traffic. In terms of recipes, those culinary websites that offer seasonal ideas for pumpkins will be more popular.
Pro Tips For Your Business
- Did you read our advice from last month? If not, don’t wait a second longer! Halloween is only a month away so if your business covers the needs related to it like a costume or decoration shop, you should already have a website optimized for specific “Halloween” keywords and already have relevant content published.
- The same rule in terms of Halloween applies to Black Friday which will take place in 2 months. September is the last moment to prepare your website and your customers for those two occasions. Perform internal linking to strengthen your Black Friday offer. You can also get a few external backlinks from domains with relevant topics. Be aware of the fact that on this day your server may be heavily loaded with more traffic than usual. Make sure your hosting provider guarantees server reliability. This is also the best moment to follow your competitors and check their activity. This will give you valuable insights into what you could do more of to gain a competitive advantage.
- September is the right moment for intense your Xmas activities. Continue publishing proper content like “Xmas gift guide” or “Xmas recipes”. Take care of the internal linking of new subpages and make sure that all new URLs are indexed. Keep all Christmas keywords in your tracking tool and analyze what’s going on to react promptly if and when your website doesn’t achieve a good ranking or is far off from the top positions.
Do you like our posts?
You might also like our seo services.
Talk to us today and see how we could help you at boosting your company’s growth.
Prepare Your Website in terms of Fall
If we want to achieve satisfactory SEO effects, it is worth preparing for seasonal events well in advance. This can have a positive impact not only on our organic traffic but also on our revenue in the last quarter of the year. However, remember that SEO needs time. So if you have not already optimized your content you should act quickly. I hope that our tips can help you with that. And as a result, your website will gain more valuable organic traffic this season!
- Update on Statistics and September 2019 Seasonality Trends
- June 2019 Update on Statistics And Seasonality Trends
- July 2019 Update on Statistics and Seasonality Trends. How to Make the Best Use of them So Your Business Thrives.
- Update on Spring 2020 Seasonality Trends
- Update on Statistics in October 2019 and Winter Seasonality Trends